Monday, April 29, 2013

Jazz Music

My favourite music to listen to while I work in my studio is jazz.

The jazz duo plays during PGW's 40th anniversary celebration
Alberta Room, Royal York Hotel

The station is Jazz Fm 91- best station ever! Canada's premier jazz station. It is on whenever I am creating, sewing and working in my studio.

Richard Underhill with his saxophone.

On his program from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., announcer Terry McElligott has a segment called "My Brush with Greatness" and I recently wrote in to share my crazy story about meeting musician Richard Underhill.

Richard Underhill and I in front of
my mineral piece,
Looking for Labradorite

My story was aired on Monday, April 22, around noon. Did any of you hear it? I listened on-line from Verona, Italy. How cool is that!

Looking for Labradorite was part of the Minerals exhibit at the PDAC in Toronto in March and also in Verona at Verona Tessile. It is one of 5 pieces selected from that exhibit to go to London for the EAGE conference in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment