There are 16 processes in making my quilts.
Here they are listed :
1. Have an idea
2. Select fabric
3. Do the math to calculate sizes of fabric pieces
4. Cut fabric
5. Sew geometric design (by hand or by machine)
6. Make the back
7. Layer using batting
8. Baste three layers
9. Stitch (or quilt) three layers together (by hand or by machine)
10. Trim edges
11. Sew binding strip
12. Attach binding strip by machine
13. Turn edge and sew to the back by hand
14. Sign quilt using machine
15. Make label
16. Sew label on by hand
So much attention goes into selecting the right fabric.
So much care goes into making my quilts.
I write the number of hours it takes to make a quilt on the gift card.
How much would you pay for an original hand-made quilt?