Monday, December 19, 2011

Grade 12 art students

My talk at St Joan of Arc secondary school went well...but there is always that one kid that is unappreciative of your experience. He's sitting at the back WAITING for you to finish while he plays on his cell phone.

waiting

I love speaking to groups and explaining what I do. It is something new to many even though the textile art I practice has been around since the 1960's.

I had timed the talk at home with time to spare but oddly enough I had no time left to demo the free motion technique on my machine. I think the students would have liked to see that and maybe try it at home.

Sewing Free Motion in Juliet's (as in Romeo) bedroom in Verona, Italy
March 2011

My next talk is February 23, 2012, at the East Toronto Quilters Guild.

In April, I am going in to speak and work with the grade 9 and 10 art students at Branksome Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment