Sunday, March 4, 2012

Speaking in East Toronto

I was invited by the East Toronto Quilter's Guild to speak at their monthly meeting. My topic was "Beyond the Hobby Quilter".

I brought 18 pieces related to my topic to show the members.

Blue Depression is one of the pieces I brought. It is still one of my favorites.

Blue Depression, detail
photo by Carolina Dal Dossi

I made it in 2006 for a contest in Italy but it missed the show, BLUE, because it was held at Italian customs for a week.

I ended up submitting it the following year in Trame D'Arte in Verona, Italy, and it was awarded 3rd prize in the contemporary category. I received $800 worth of fabric, which I left in Italy and use when I'm there. I can now say I am an international, award-winning textile artist!

It's got paper and actual (altered) photographs in it and since it has been handled while traveling it's a little tattered in spots.


Blue Depression, 40" x 38.5", 120 cm x 98 cm
photo by Carolina Dal Dossi

Later, it was photographed for an Italian calendar (2008) and was selected for the poster for Festival Internacional de Patchwork and was part of the Italian exhibit at the same event in Sitges, Spain, 2009


I am giving the same talk in November at the Mississauga guild. (see speaking engagements)


Everyone is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment