Friday, November 2, 2012

Friends

John Taylor from the band Duran Duran said "Music is a great way to meet people".

John De Simini playing saxophone at The Pilot
 in Toronto a few summers ago.
Check him out. He is an amazing musician
whom I worked with for the SMC musicals

I say textile art and quilting is a great way to meet people! As you know, this art form has brought me to Europe on many occasions and introduced me to international makers who are now life-time friends.

sculpture at University of Toronto,
St Michael's College campus

Last night, I was invited to speak at the Mississauga Quilter's Guild again. I met some great people who are passionate about this medium and had some good conversations about the craft.

Some of the works I brought

I brought 17+ pieces of my work, including some quilts and some textile art work as well as one antique quilt. I integrated those in the talk, Beyond the Hobby Quilter.

My goal was to inspire the members to go out and self promote! I hope I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment