Monday, November 26, 2012

Celebrating

Tradition in Transition is set up. It will have another showing, this time in Canada, before the 35 pieces go back to their makers.

The opening reception was on November 25th at the Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre. The show runs till January 6, 2013.

The main room at Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre during the opening.

I gave my last 'talk' about the exhibit at the opening.

I spoke for about 10 minutes at the opening about the exhibit
with some participating artists in attendance.

Left: Quilt Sampler by Riel Nason
Right: Judith Martin stands in front of her work, Energy Cloth

Some of the artists and I celebrated the evening beforehand- a dinner at my house.

Sitting in the kitchen having appetizers
before heading to the dining room for a sit-down dinner.

Shrimp Remoulade - I had to make the presentation artistic!

I can't believe what I worked on for one and a half years is Done.

Ron played during the reception.
A few years ago he and his classmates made a community quilt
which later went to Verona, Italy, to be exhibited
 in the public library there during Verona Tessile.
He really added to the afternoon

Over.

Visitors loved to see the Canadian skill and artistry.


Finito.

Judith Martin and I in front of her piece, Twenty-Four Hour Care


Well, onto the next project!



4 comments:

  1. Sandra, I really love to see the pics since there is no way I will get there in person. Just lovely and you must be so proud of how it all turned out. I posted about it tonight on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I thought you would relax for a minute, I would advise that you do so. But, knowing you, you are on and off to the next big thing.

    Thanks again Sandra for all the personal touches you have put into this prestigious event, and the attention you have given to the artists involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great - what a shame I am so far away. Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Sandra. Wish we lived in the same town !

    ReplyDelete