Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kumiko Frydl

There was so much interest about Tradition in Transition in the french press; newspapers and magazines.

To read a french article written by journalist Anne Muller from Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, (DNA), click here.

(be warned: horrible picture of me!)

You will also notice articles on the same page about other exhibits during the 18th Carrefour Européen du Patchwork. One of them is about my friend, Kumiko Frydl.

Kumiko Frydl

Her work is spectacular. She is known for her miniatures.

Mission: Impossible 2, 2009,
27.5 cm x 27.5 cm
machine pieced and quilted
Mission: Impeccable, 2010
47 cm x 47 cm
There is also silk ribbon embroidery in this one.

Both works shown above are in her latest 64-page book, Les Quilts Miniatures, published by Les Editions de Saxe, who just celebrated their 50th anniversary. (I'd like to add that they hosted an amazing party at the Tearte in Ste-Marie-aux-Mines.)

I was so busy with my own exhibit that, unfortunately, I was only able to dedicate 10 minutes to two exhibits, hers being one of the them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment