Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Printing Workshop

I took a workshop at ColourVie with Gunnel Hag; Deconstructed Screen Printing.

It was a silkscreen printing workshop using textured items to make designs. Loved it! It is exactly what I focus on when doing my art- repurposing items like plastic and using things that are destined for landfill.

One part of the technique that is important is keeping the fabric wet and moist after it has been printed. Heat is needed to set the dyes...which of course proved difficult for me as today is Day 9 of NO HEAT in the house...a reminder for people: I live in Canada and winters are cold! (anyway they are installing a new boiler today so I will be ok this evening)

I wrapped the printed fabrics in plastic and tried to keep them warm tucked into a pile of quilts.

I will have to give you a report later on after I heat the fabrics and rinse them. It could be that I lose all the colour and nothing sets!

I really hope I won't lose all my work.


The packets are wrapped in plastic, then in a cloth bag
then tucked into the middle of a pile of quilts while I wait for the radiators to get hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment