Saturday, March 14, 2015

Knitting Art

My daughter was passing by Roubaix, France, on her way to Antwerp this weekend. She knows I have been knitting lately and sent me these photos.


Wool War One
2014
Délit Maille
A war in wool made by 1000 hands
Silent and pathetic story of nine million
crushed tiny lives (translated from french)

She stopped in at La Piscine Museum. Amazing place she said!


For me, knitting is at a hobby level. My mom taught me how to knit when I was 6 years old. I returned to this craft for a few years when I was 20 and again starting 2 years ago.

Below are some of my recent knitting 'achievements'!

Glenna C. patterns



The three patterns above by Kate Atherley.
You can also find her patterns on Ravelry.

I have noticed in Italy that the quilting trend has been pushed aside to make room for knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment