Sunday, September 14, 2014

Quilting Day

I spent Sunday in a fabulous Italian villa in Zelarino, near Venice...


... chatting with friends and sewing together,



... celebrating quilting in this province of Veneto.

I made this in the free workshop I took.

Teacher's example. The measuring tape
is in cm and inches. Bonus!

Lunch was great. The weather was warm and sunny. I even did some fabric shopping. I bought three raffle tickets (money going to charity) and I won three times!!

The Quiltitalia representative (centre) for the region of Veneto
with her husband,
one of many husbands who attended the day's event.
Her hexagon quilt is hand pieced and hand quilted.
Her husband entitled it Nightmare
because every evening for months she sewed with the light on
while he wanted to watch TV in the dark!

It was worth getting up at 6 AM for!

No comments:

Post a Comment