Monday, September 22, 2014

Learning Something New

Today, I learned to make two kinds of books. Both are manuscript books- the kind you make and then  add things to, like text and images.

photo diary, September 22
Concertina book


It felt odd sewing paper instead of fabric. Did you know paper, like fabric, has a grain?



Rose Newlove teaches for CBBAG, the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild. She was patient and full of great information.


I learned book terminology and 2 ways of binding a book. I learned about paper and tools.

My teacher explains the tools for bookbinding.

This class was a make-up class because I was away when the classes started. (thanks Rose!!) Tomorrow, I jump in with the rest of the students and make another type of manuscript book. I am really looking forward to it!



1 comment:

  1. Love CBBAG & love Rose! I took a course with her on fabric covered books - I tried to combine quilting and book-binding as well. Made two little books - one covered in silk and one covered in velvet.

    ReplyDelete