Sunday, May 6, 2012

Speaking at the Mississauga Guild

I absolutely LOVE speaking to groups and sharing my way of working or my ideas on a textile topic. I especially like the comments and the smiles I notice during and after the talk.

There were about 90 people attending the meeting.

I spoke about INSPIRATION; where to find it and how it can be translated into a textile piece. Not every work I brought was recent or "exceptional" but all works related to an inspiration I highlighted.

This is my latest quilt, inspired by the painting
"The Bird Shop" St Lawrence Street 1866
by Maurice Cullen.
It was a Block of the Month idea by Karen Howes.
The paper pieced segments at the back are about
growing up in Montreal.
The beige fabric is printed with snow flakes.

I will be back at the Mississauga Guild in November (next topic is "Going Beyond the Hobby Quilter") and hopefully there will be some quilts for the 'Show and Share' segment of the meeting that will have been inspired by my May talk.

Thanks to a special blog visitor who saw I was scheduled to speak there and came to hear me AND she brought me a present!

She thought I would find the Mandala designs inspirational.



Thanks CF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment