Sunday, February 19, 2012

India

Friday my friend Diane Shink, (AQS) certified appraiser, teacher and quilter, and I went to Pointe à Caillière in Montreal to see the exhibit Colours of India.



The photography by Suzanne Held was superb!! She captured the colours so well.

The textiles were nice but the way they were displayed.... Look at these two turbans. They are block printed. Don't you think they could have had them pressed before exhibiting them? Shameful for a museum setting.



This embroidered, quilted, cotton-canvas carpet made in the second half of the 18th century shows evidence of not being stored properly. Notice the cross fold lines.

...plus there are other folds in the border

Diane and I were not impressed.

My husband is in India right now. I hope he can find me a nice piece of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment