Wednesday, February 23, 2011

leaving town

My studio gets very messy while I work. These two pictures show my cutting table. You see? There is no room for cutting!





I work on many different things at one time which is part of the reason for the chaos.
There are fabric pieces being sewn for quilts for my book. There are pieces of fabric for my art work that are painted and drying. There are samples I work on for the quilt classes I teach. There is stuff for the art exercise I do daily.

When my husband is out of town, the studio grows and bubbles into the adjacent room.

I am leaving in a few hours and have to clean up..but there isn't any time I want to dedicate to it.

Solution:

antique quilt

From the fabric choices, I would say this quilt is from the 1940's. 
I love scrap quilts, a feast of fabric. These are some of my favorite bits.








It was given to me by a student (Thanks Barb!). I use it to cover the mess.

putting everything to bed

My studio looks way better now!

Next time I post, it will be from Verona, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment