|To make this, I selected my colour palette, |
pulled out my leftover fabric, paid close attention to value.
YARN: I reorganized the chest of drawers I have for my yarn, placing the thinner weights in the top drawer and the bulky and chunky yarns in the bottom drawer and the in-between weights in the middle.
I put together yarn bits of the same value and am making socks with those. They are so lovely. A little bit of everyone's socks in one pair!
I put aside all the half-knit projects; a sweater that had no sleeves, a sock that had no partner, a shawl too complicated to finish...and decided to make finishing them my goal.
I have been very good at doing that! (so proud). It isn't that hard after all!
FABRIC: I also decided to use up as much of my quilt fabric as possible. I just have lots of fabric and am tired of looking at the same colours and designs. Fabric, like fashion, gets dated. You have to use up your scraps and make room for the contemporary stuff- fun to buy and fun to use!
So I whipped this up.
|finished size, approximately 30"x 40"|
I posted it on my Instagram account, handle sandrareford if anyone wants to follow me there.
|Fabric: batik, men's shirt fabric, recognizable K. Fasset,|
quilters cotton from more than 10 years ago,
a cool new yellow...
It is really pretty.
I am going to purchase the back fabric, a NEW fabric that's fun and exciting and helps motivate me to quilt it.
Make a goal and go for it!